• Agent Free Properties To Buy or Rent in Devon  
  • Home >
  • EPCs

Login / Sign Up

Agent Free Properties

The property advertising website which enables
you to sell or rent your property yourself
Advertise in 3 simple steps

Property Search

Savings Calculator

Enter the selling price of your property and the estate agency fee and let our 'savings calculator' show you how much money you could save!

FREE Property List

Or, you can always follow us on:

  • Twitter
  • Facebook

Premium Properties

  • Flat 2 bed rooms centre

    Flat to Buy
    Any Location
    Only £300,000

  • vservices deal

    Flat to Buy
    Any Location
    Only £11

  • Flat to Buy
    Any Location
    Only £11

  • Flat to Buy
    Any Location
    Only £11


If you are buying or selling a home you will need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) by law. The certificate provides 'A' to 'G' ratings for any building being built, sold or rented, with 'A' being the most energy efficient and 'G' being the least.

You must order an EPC from an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor before you start marketing your property for sale or rent unless you already have a valid one. EPCs are valid for 10 years.

We recommend obtaining your EPC from EPC easy. This is the simple to use online ordering system for HI-Devon, one of the region's most respected energy assessment providers. They are local, professional and approved by Trading Standards under the Buy with Confidence scheme.

The EPC must be made available within 28 days of the property first being advertised. If it is not, you may have to pay a penalty of £200 for each day it is outstanding.

EPCs are also required for private sales, even to family members.

You can market your home immediately once you have instructed a DEA (Domestic Energy Assessor) to compile one for you. EPC easy provide a confirmation of instruction to ensure you can immediately demonstrate compliance with the regulations.

EPC exemptions

These categories are exempt from needing an EPC:

  • Holiday accommodation if occupied for less than 4 months per year.
  • Properties which are to be demolished within 2 years
  • Park homes

EPC special requirements

  • Non-domestic properties require a commercial EPC. Prices can be obtained from HI-Devon or by calling Ian on 01626 365581 / 07915 071705.
  • Mixed sales (e.g. shop with flat) may require both commercial and domestic EPCs. Call Ian at HI-Devon and discuss your requirements.

EPCs for Landlords

If you have an existing tenant and there are no plans for them to vacate the property, there is no legal obligation to have an Energy Performance Certificate commissioned unless you are selling. It is only when a tenant leaves your property and you therefore re-market it to find another tenant that you will require an EPC.

How to obtain an EPC.

The best way to organise your EPC is to use EPC easy. It's quick, it's competitive and above all it is EASY.

Click here to arrange your EPC now Order an EPC

EPC easy is the easy way to order domestic EPCs from HI-Devon. It ensures you receive the best service, highest standards and your certificate is produced by a fully accredited and Trading Standards approved energy assessor.